RE: [avr-gcc-list] Experimental WinAVR/avr-gcc update for

From: Harald Kipp
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Experimental WinAVR/avr-gcc update for
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:00:14 +0200

Eric,

There has been suspicion that Atmel wants to keep their
cozy relationship with IAR; notice how well AVR Studio
works with the IAR compiler and not others. This would also
apply to the "we're going to support ELF sometime soon"
feature.

Exactly that kind of relationship between Atmel and IAR
upsets me. They try to avoid fair and open competition.
One may argue, that this is how business works. I strongly
disagree. That's how short term business based on quartely
results works.

Let's face it and let's stop wasting time by dreaming of
any kind of unsolicited GCC support from Atmel. The only
way to go is, to create a better product. Regarding
AVR Studio and JTAG support, this can be done easily.

Harald