[avr-gcc-list] small crystal/ceramic resonator

From: Jamie Morken
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] small crystal/ceramic resonator
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:43:04 -0800

Hi all,

Does anyone have experience with using very small surfacemount ceramic
resonators or crystals with AVR's?  I am working on a board with not much
room left and I am thinking of trying a small ceramic resonator with built
in capacitor instead of the standard
HC49 package crystal and two 20pF caps.  The operating frequency is 16MHz
and the chip is the atmega8.  Any drawbacks to using these small ceramic
resonators?
The one I am looking at is digikey part#: 490-1198-1-ND

cheers,
Jamie Morken