Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-Insight and c++

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-Insight and c++
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 21:50:44 -0600

On 1 May 2004 at 21:14, Patrizio Zelotti wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> First I would like to thanks all the people that are working on WinAVR; it is
> really a good tool.
>
> I'm using last WinAVR release ( WinAVR-20040404 ) and I use Avr-Insight and
> Avarice to debug code.
>
> Until now I've used C code and it all works ok.
>
> Now I start using C++; I can compile C++ code, and debug it; the function
> names that appear in the debugger AVR-Insight on the function name list are
> modified; this is normal done by C++ compiler (name mangling if I remember),
> but on a different debugger on a different CPU that I use, the function names
> are listed as class::function name.
>
> Is possible to do the same on Avr-Insight ?

I'm not really sure. But I thought I would mention that I just saw a posting on
the gdb list that
version 6.1 has a new demangler for C++. *Maybe* this might have something to
do with it, I
don't know. Perhaps Ted Roth could comment on this. FYI, the next WinAVR
release should
include Insight (GDB) version 6.1, but I don't know when this release will be.

Eric