Re: [avr-gcc-list] Global variables and ISRs ???

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Global variables and ISRs ???
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 12:39:16 +0200

On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 11:54 +0200, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> > Oh, that's interesting... because as soon as I compile my small
> > programs, I rush to check to have a look at the assembler output,
>
> At the assembler output (filename.s), or at the disassembler output
> (filename.lss)?  I guess it's the latter.

Oh, sorry you are right (I don't yet master all the terminology... :-/ )

I look at the 'lst' file, so I guess I should call it "disassembler
output", sorry...
I apologize if I look like I don't really know what I am doing, but...
all I did was gather all the commands found in your avr-libc PWM demo
project, put them all in a bash script like this :

***************
#! /bin/sh

avr-gcc -g -Os -mmcu=atmega32 -c "$1".c
avr-gcc -g -mmcu=atmega32 -Wl,-Map,"$1".map -o "$1".elf "$1".o
avr-objdump -h -S "$1".elf > "$1".lst
avr-objcopy -j .text -j .data -O ihex "$1".elf "$1".hex
avr-objcopy -j .eeprom --change-section-lma .eeprom=0 -O ihex "$1".elf
"$1"_eeprom.hex

and called the script "compile". So I only have to type "./compile
projectname" and it will generate all the files, and I just pick up the
'lst' one, without really knowing/remembering who generated it
exactly... bad boy Vince ! ;-)  But the 'lst' file is clearly not
generated by ther compiler... but avr-objdump, so clearly it's
disassembler output I am looking at, not assembler output... sorry....
lesson learned ! ;o)

--
Vince