Re: [avr-gcc-list] Global variables and ISRs ???

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Global variables and ISRs ???
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 05:15:10 -0600

David Brown wrote:

I think most or all of the avr-gcc team follow this list.  They are always
interested in ideas leading to a better compiler, but it is up to *them*
what is "top-priority".
Right, and that's because it's a volunteer project and there is a limited amount of time.

Currently, "top priority" in the library is bug-fixed, patches, and new devices. We're trying to prepare a new release. With the compiler, there are even less volunteers there. Björn IIRC is working on optimizing the AVR port and bringing it up-to-date with the state of the art in GCC. But this is being done on the 4.x.y branch. All the distributions are releasing 3.4.x.

You are always free to actively help the
development (including things like documentation, if you don't want to get
involved in the code) and get more of a say on what's important.  Otherwise,
like me, you can content yourself with helping testing, giving ideas, trying
to help others on the lists, and thereby giving a little back.
And all help is always welcome! :-)

Eric