Re: [avr-gcc-list] Success running the testsuite with avrtest

From: Paulo Marques
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Success running the testsuite with avrtest
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 04:57:20 +0000

Quoting "Dmitry K." <address@hidden>:
[...]
Alas, the first (add.c) is still unworked.

Ok, a new version is ready (attached) with this problem fixed (and a few others). In this version there is a "//#define LOG_DUMP 1" line right at the top of the avrtest.c file. Uncommenting this line makes avrtest dump a lot of debug information about what it is doing. It is a good feature to have to track down a particular problem, but it is not recommend to be used to run the testsuite (I don't think it works at all).

I've been trying to run the testsuite, and fixing problems in avrtest as they appear. I've already changed the exit(1) to be treated as an error, so that the results are more accurate (but as Andrew predicted, it didn't change a thing).

Right now I'm down to:

# of expected passes            11174
# of unexpected failures        66
# of unexpected successes       1
# of unresolved testcases       15
# of unsupported tests          664

Although there are 66 tests that FAIL, only 51 are execution failures, and 15 are compilation failures. These 51 failures correspond to just 10 programs that fail to execute, with different optimization options (-O0, -O1, etc.):

execute/20010122-1.c
execute/20060102-1.c
execute/20061101-1.c
execute/float-floor.c
execute/pr17377.c
execute/pr22493-1.c
execute/pr23135.c
execute/pr28651.c
execute/pr29797-1.c
execute/simd-1.c

The tests that fail with "UNRESOLVED" are tests that fail to compile. If I understood correctly, the compilation test fails and then the execution test remains UNRESOLVED.

I'll do a short summary of problems I've already found here, so that I don't lose them (but I'll fill proper bug reports later):

tests that fail from "undefined reference to `__clzhi2'", "undefined reference to `__ctzhi2'", "undefined reference to `__popcounthi2'" or "undefined reference to `__parityhi2'":

- gcc.c-torture/execute/20061101-1.c
- gcc.c-torture/execute/builtin-bitops-1.c:

Tests that fail because assume 32 bit integers:

- gcc.c-torture/execute/pr31448.c

Tests that fail from "undefined reference to `bzero'":

- gcc.c-torture/execute/multi-ix.c:

Note: right now I'm still just running execute.exp, because the full batch of tests starts with a lot of "compilation" tests that don't help me debug avrtest at all. Once this test gets more stable, I'll start running full tests, to see the global result.

I'll keep you posted,

--
Paulo Marques