RE: [avr-gcc-list] gcc 4.3.0

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] gcc 4.3.0
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 08:08:42 -0600

Hi Klaus,

Not only that, but you will have bad code.

Stock FSF 4.3.0 (i.e. unpatched) fails for the AVR target and generates
wrong code. You will need to have a host of patches for that version to
have a working AVR port.

I am planning to do a WinAVR release either today or tomorrow. Shortly
after that, I will be posting the patches I use for 4.3.0 on the WinAVR
CVS repository. Andy Hutchinson, Anatoly Sokolov, Dmitry Xmelkov, Joerg
Wunsch, myself and other users have been working on evaluating and
fixing all the problems. Hopefully this WinAVR release is successful and
we can have working code generated from 4.3.0.

Eric Weddington