Re: [avr-gcc-list] gcc 4.3.0

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] gcc 4.3.0
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 08:34:16 +0200

Hi Eric,

I have installed gcc 4.3.0 and becomes a bit confused :-)

Not only that, but you will have bad code.

Stock FSF 4.3.0 (i.e. unpatched) fails for the AVR target and generates
wrong code. You will need to have a host of patches for that version to
have a working AVR port.

That sounds bad.

Have anyone looked for the multiple break point feature for avr port? I have no idea if it is avr port depended, but actually I got not all breakpoints from inlined code. Any idea for that item?

I am planning to do a WinAVR release either today or tomorrow.

Thats great!

As I looked for the compile bug in 4.3.0 I found one patch in a heavy list of patches for that release. So my wish is, that there will be only one patch to get gcc working for linux/unix. I hope there is no conflict in win / unix patches.

Shortly
after that, I will be posting the patches I use for 4.3.0 on the WinAVR
CVS repository. Andy Hutchinson, Anatoly Sokolov, Dmitry Xmelkov, Joerg
Wunsch, myself and other users have been working on evaluating and
fixing all the problems. Hopefully this WinAVR release is successful and
we can have working code generated from 4.3.0.

Thanks a lot for your work!!!!

Regards
 Klaus