Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to handle interrupt vectors ?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to handle interrupt vectors ?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 19:31:53 +0100 (MET)

Charalampos Alexopoulos <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yes i have seen the code for the ISR and i have no understanding of
> the mechanism because i don't know what that vector is.

I have already explained you that, and you can take my word that you
don't stand a chance using the existing gcrt1.S file.  That's not to
say it could not be done at all, but you'd have to start over from
scratch, writing your own C run-time startup code in a different way
than the existing code is done.

You could perhaps seek up some old (maybe about 4 years old)
suggestion from Marek Michalkiewicz about what changes would be needed
in order to allow for arbitrarily-named interrupt vectors.  Offhand, I
can't tell you though whether it has been discussed here on
avr-gcc-list, or on avr-libc-dev instead.