Re: [avr-gcc-list] no avr/lib/avr25/attiny13a/Makefile.in

From: Ruud Vlaming
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] no avr/lib/avr25/attiny13a/Makefile.in
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 23:46:57 +0100

On Sunday 01 February 2009 23:25, you wrote:

> [...]
Well i downloaded that file in my toolchainbuilder, and discovered
it gives the error in the build process when you don't bootstrap,
like this:

  cd avr-libc-1.6.4-build
  ../avr-libc-1.6.4/configure --prefix=$SOMEDIR
--build=`../avr-libc-1.6.4/config.guess` --host=avr
  make && make install

  config.status: error: cannot find input file:
avr/lib/avr25/attiny13a/Makefile.in

If you do bootstrap you do not get this error, as you and Timo explained.

> If you are building from CVS, then you need to use bootstrap.
> This is nothing new, and it is very common to do in other projects,
> like the GNU projects. For example GCC.
Clear.

So probably i did not expres myself clearly. I think i understand the
procedures,
but as it is right now, users have to bootstrap otherwise they experience the
bug i encountered. Developers do not notice it, since it is 'cured' by
bootstrapping.
I only encountered it because my toolchainbuilder is not for developers, but for
users.

So i am crazy or is there indeed something that needs to be corrected?

Ruud