Re: [avr-gcc-list] no avr/lib/avr25/attiny13a/Makefile.in

From: Timo Sandmann
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] no avr/lib/avr25/attiny13a/Makefile.in
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 00:51:20 +0100

Am 01.02.2009 um 23:46 schrieb Ruud Vlaming:
Users are supposed to download the official releases here:
<http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases-noredirect/avr-libc/>
and use those. Then they don't need to bootstrap.
Well i downloaded that file in my toolchainbuilder, and discovered
it gives the error in the build process when you don't bootstrap,
like this:

 cd avr-libc-1.6.4-build
../avr-libc-1.6.4/configure --prefix=$SOMEDIR --build=`../avr- libc-1.6.4/config.guess` --host=avr
 make && make install

config.status: error: cannot find input file: avr/lib/avr25/ attiny13a/Makefile.in

I guess you applied the patch "40-avr-libc-1.6.4-fix-attiny13a- arch.patch"? With this patch I need to use bootstrap (because the patch moves the attiny13a from avr2 to avr25), without it the avr-libc builds fine here without bootstrap.

<snip>

So probably i did not expres myself clearly. I think i understand the procedures, but as it is right now, users have to bootstrap otherwise they experience the
bug i encountered.

IMHO the point is that users need to bootstrap, if they apply a patch which needs changes in a makefile. BTW: For me as a user it's even worse to build binutils with all the patches from winavr, because AFAIK the autoconf / autoheader version has to be exactly 2.59, not newer.

Timo