Re: [avr-gcc-list] 8-bit relocations on AVR

From: Erik Christiansen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] 8-bit relocations on AVR
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 17:13:13 +1100

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 03:47:52AM -0700, Weddington, Eric wrote:
> It depends on if this patch fixes a known bug, or if this is specific
> to your Forth implementation.

AIUI, Andrew's observed failure of avr-as to handle:

   .byte 2f-1f
1: .ascii "somestring"
2:

is a well known bug, even if not recorded. Giving .byte the same address
computing ability as ldi has long had, and Klaus Rudolph gave to ldd back in
2004, is rectification of a long-standing generic defect.

Erik

--
Due to circumstances beyond our control, we regret to inform you that
circumstances are beyond our control.                       --Paul Benoit