Re: [avr-libc-dev] Adding (some) Procyon AVRlibfunctionalitytoavr-libc

From: Ruud Vlaming
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Adding (some) Procyon AVRlibfunctionalitytoavr-libc
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 07:32:16 +0200

On Sunday 20 September 2009 01:45, Mike Perks wrote:
> The idea (which is not new)  is to virtualize a device definition. ...
> It could be something simple like this:
> ... or it could be something a little more complex
> where everything is virtualized:

As said, i have gone through this process for more than 42 of
the devices for my Femto OS. If this get serious, i am willing
to donate these device files as a starter under whatever license
we agree upon.

The most difficult part is to define a systematic nomenclatura
for virtualized access, which holds for all devices. I don't think
we can just take mine, because my area interrest was only
a small portion of the devices (and i use a java style
camelCasing :-) I discovered, during the development
(when i was adding more devices), that i was never completely
satisfied.

>     #if defined(__AVR_ATmega128__)
>         #define EEPROM_MASTER_WRITE  EEMWE
>         #define EEPROM_WRITE         EEWE
>     #elif defined(__AVR_ATmega644__) || defined(__AVR_ATmega644P__) ||
Of course we separate the device selectors and the device definitions ...

Ruud