RE: [avrdude-dev] Support for Futurlec AVR development boards

From: Gianmario.Scotti
Subject: RE: [avrdude-dev] Support for Futurlec AVR development boards
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 04:07:28 +0200

It's inconsistent.... but it appears that since I ran AVRdude last time
 yesterday, it left all signals low, including RESET. Which prevented
the 8535 from running as long as the cable was connected.
However, as I just ran AVRdude with -E noreset, it put it back into (inactive)
high, and it continues to do so subsequently without having to supply the
-E noreset again. Weird, unless it has something to do with the giveio, which I
had some trouble starting up (but now I managed to stop and restart it).
I am running Windows2k, so I have now installed Slackware on one of my
compuers, in order to test the Linux version of AVRdude. But it's rather late
and
I'll hit the bed before I can report back.

Hey, just one question: is it possible to set or reset the pins of the LPT
with AVRdude, without actually reading or writing?

goodnight

mario