RE: [Axiom-developer] Front page esthetic

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Front page esthetic
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 12:51:02 -0400

Gaby, Ralf, Cliff, Antoine, Alfredo, and others who I hope
I haven't forgotten:

Thank you all very much for the valuable comments, criticisms
and suggestions regarding the Axiom Wiki web site that you have
contributed to this thread. I have read each message carefully
although I have not responded specifically to everyone. I did
at least try to respond where I could help to explain something
or what I might have been thinking at the time of making (or just
sliding :) into an effective design decision about how the web
site should look and work. If I missed something don't hesitate
to ask or to repeat your comments.

Over the last few days, I did tried quite hard however to
incorporate as many of the suggested design changes as
practical in the, as usual, insufficient time and which my
limited availability allowed. Of course I couldn't do everything
and somethings I decided (unilaterally ;) that I didn't really
want to do. And there were some other changes I made were of
my own initiative. So I remain laregely responsible for the
overall result (both good and bad). Reviewing it again though
this morning my overal impression is quite positive. I think
that as a result of all of your suggestions these changes
have resulted in a better and significantly easier to use web
site with which to support the Axiom project. And I am very
interested in hearing your reactions.

This email is just to say "thanks" again, and to remind you
that this process is of necessity an on going one that will
likely never be finished and fully satisfactory... there is more
to do, so please keep your comments, criticisms and suggestions
coming! In particular, when you have a moment in the next few
days, could you please take a few minutes to look and play with
the Axiom Wiki web site and let me know of things that I might
have missed or anything that I have just done to the site that
you particularly dislike. Of course, when and where it is
possible you should also feel free as usual to continue to make
changes and improvements to the content yourselves. (That is
addressed to *everyone* on the Axiom developer email list! :)

I can't say for sure right now when I will next be able to
schedule some time like the last few days (and off-and-on
over the last month) to make additional changes that require
programming - now I really have to attend to other things for
a while - but you should feel free to comment and mention
them now anyway. Or another thing might be to submit a few
IssueTracker reports and feature enhancements and/or bugs.