Re: [Axiom-developer] Front page esthetic

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Front page esthetic
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 18:22:35 +0200

Hi Bill,

First of all, a big THANKS to you.

But may I ask you why there is still a link

"Literate Source"

on the FrontPage? What were your reasons for leaving it just next to "Source Code"? I think that is confusing. There should be just ONE link to the sources.

If you really want to make it obvious that we have a way to edit a branch, then I think a better place is just a statement like

"Browse and edit sources online (see below)"

You could make this a link to the bottom of the page.
In the Section "Testing" I would then add a new subsection "Browse and edit sources online". There it should be described how one can contribute back and how these changes find their way to Silver and Gold.

Ralf

PS: Comparison, Programming, and Screenshots is wrongly indented on the Frontpage.