Re: [Axiom-developer] /dev/null, noweb and Axiom

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] /dev/null, noweb and Axiom
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:58:12 +0200

It's not a question of theology or flavors (or flavours).  The issue
again comes back to basic, easily stated, easily learned, universally
followed principles. In Axiom all files are literate. all directories have Makefiles that handle their subtrees. all Makefiles have a stanza per file (or used to)
  all stanzas have unique identifing numbers
  all non-axiom tools live under zips
  all human written files live under SRC
  all machine-generated, system-independent files live under INT
  all machine-generated, system-dependent files live under OBJ
all final shipped files live under MNT. all literate files use the same bibtex file or will once we get it working.
  etc...

Thank you, Tim, for sharing these principles with the rest of the axiom developers. I did not know all of them. Where are they written down, except now hidden in the mailing archive under a strange "Subject"???

Ralf