Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Has anybody attempted to buildAldor+Axiomlatel

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Has anybody attempted to buildAldor+Axiomlately?
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:55:22 +0200

| > Can we just have the documentations as part of the SVN
| > repository?

SVN is a source code repository. The wiki is a web site with
dynamic content, e.g. the results of Axiom calculations, and
the status of issue reports etc. So I think the answer to your
question is: No.

I can understand Gaby. For working offline it would be good to have the wiki locally and have it updated like any SCM repository. But it seems that cannot be easily achieved, because at least one needs to set up Zope, Zwiki, latexwiki, mathaction on the local computer. That is hard enough. And always downloading a >1MB Zope database if just a single file changes is not very convenient.

So, I guess, the answer is: "Currently, no. Until somebody improves the situation."

Ralf