RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: Another question

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: Another question
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 04:03:30 -0400

Eitan,

On Tuesday, August 22, 2006 2:03 AM you wrote:

> I added a pointer to instructions at the end of the first
> paragraph in
>
>    http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/bugfixes.html
>
> Hopefully they are not buggy.

Thank you! I feel a little more human now. :) and I've now got
jsMath from the command:

  htlatex test2 "xhtml,jsmath" " -cmozhtf"

See: http://page.axiom-developer.org/test2.html

I think your instructions are fine but I have just a few
comments and questions:

1) [Configuration files]

   On my system teTeX is apparently looking in a different
   (non-standard?) place for texmf/tex/generic/tex4ht. From
   the output of htlatex I deduced that I had to use:

   cp texmf/tex/generic/tex4ht/* \
      /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf-dist/tex/generic/tex4ht

   instead of /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/tex4ht, although
   it do also have this directory on my system.

   At first I completely followed your instructions exactly
   as you wrote them. Everything seemed to go fine, and passed
   the simple test each time but there was no jsMath output
   from

     htlatex test2 "xhtml,jsmath" " -cmozhtf"

   After I repeated just your step 2 using using the copy
   command shown above, now it works.

2. [Fonts]

   I also have a directory:

     /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf-dist/tex4ht/ht-fonts

   in addition to /usr/share/texmf/tex4ht/ht-fonts but I did only
   the copy

     cp -rp ht-fonts /usr/share/texmf/tex4ht

3. paths

   In step 20 I did a global replace of '~/tex4ht.dir/texmf/tex4ht'
   with '/usr/share/texmf/tex4ht' in the file

     /usr/share/texmf/tex4ht/base/unix/tex4ht.env

   Is this sufficient to make sure that tex4ht also finds the new
   fonts? Or should I also put them in texmf-dist?

     cp -rp ht-fonts /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf-dist/tex4ht

4. The html file that is generated from jsmath option contains
   the following location for the jsMath:

    <script type="text/javascript" src="jsMath/jsMath/jsMath.js">
    </script>

  with jsMath/ repeated twice in the path. This seems (perhaps)
  a non-standard location for jsMath.js. On the axiom-developer
  server it needs only one instance of jsMath/. Is this
  configurable?

Many, many thanks for this work! :)