Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Another question

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Another question
Date: 22 Aug 2006 15:44:15 +0200

Hi Ralf,

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

> Aha. Maybe you were misled.

no, I don't think so.

> In some sense you are right that I would like such a system for all of
> Axiom. [...]

Yes, but I think that converting the algebra to allprose would be a good start.

> >> And as Bill pointed out, ALLPROSE is an environment for writing
> >> libraries. As I understood, making pamphlets available as HTML has nothing
> >> to do with libraries. At least not at the moment.

> > What? In what way is DHMATRIX different from a library?

> Maybe, I am wrong, but for me DHMATRIX is just a domain. A library is
> something like libaldor, libalgebra, libaxiom.

I don't think there is much (formal) difference between a domain and a library.

> [...]  in that chunk, then that corresponds to \atthistype. (And, yes Martin,
> that can be replaced on the fly by the appropriate \adtype{DomainName},

GREAT! could you send me an appropriate patch, please. Then I can document my
guessing package with ALLPROSE.

> but that is only half of the story.)

Why?

> That is not too hard. The problem only is that such a "foo" line has to be
> one line. It is an important restriction, because the whole line is
> translated into a command

I have no probelm with that. In fact, Axiom also needs it on one line. If a
definition is longer than that, you have to use _

Thus, If you want to do a super trooper thing, change the regexp in a way that
instead looking for a semicolon, it just goes on until it finds a newline
without a preceding underscore.

Martin