Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Another question

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Another question
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 16:12:19 +0200

Maybe, I am wrong, but for me DHMATRIX is just a domain. A library is
something like libaldor, libalgebra, libaxiom.

I don't think there is much (formal) difference between a domain and a library.

If one domain for you makes a library, so be it. But for me a library covers a certain small area. And that usually involves several domains. Look at our species stuff. You already see several domains in just one file. You would not tell me that putting each of them into a separate library makes much sense.

[...]  in that chunk, then that corresponds to \atthistype. (And, yes Martin,
that can be replaced on the fly by the appropriate \adtype{DomainName},

GREAT! could you send me an appropriate patch, please. Then I can document my
guessing package with ALLPROSE.

but that is only half of the story.)

Why?

That is the reason why it is completely unnecessary to replace \adthistype by \adtype{DomainName}. If you look at the generated .as.nw.tex file, you see that after \begin{+++} there suddenly appears an \addefinetype{DomainName} that you have never typed yourself. This command defines \adthistype. So you should be already happy.

I don't know your scenario. First of all, would it be an option for you to translate your code into Aldor and use libaxiom. Then I see a better chance for your guessing package to use ALLPROSE.

Otherwise, could you exactly specify what you want?

That is not too hard. The problem only is that such a "foo" line has to be
one line. It is an important restriction, because the whole line is
translated into a command

I have no probelm with that. In fact, Axiom also needs it on one line. If a
definition is longer than that, you have to use _

Thus, If you want to do a super trooper thing, change the regexp in a way that
instead looking for a semicolon, it just goes on until it finds a newline
without a preceding underscore.

I don't want a such a thing, I want a semicolon. ;-)

Ralf