Re: [Axiom-developer] DeveloperNotes.pamphlet

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] DeveloperNotes.pamphlet
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 09:14:59 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006, Ralf Hemmecke wrote:

| On 09/10/2006 05:51 AM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > Has anyone run that file successfully through latex?
| >
| > -- Gaby
|
| I would very much prefer, if everyone includes the FULL path to a file
| and in which branch and what revision it actually is. How should I know
| that all these files are identical???

I'm talking of the file src/doc/DeveloperNotes.pamphlet.

To date Tim uses ${DOCUMENT} to latex the files; but he does ignore
any errors that might come out of the latexing process -- which gives
everybpdy the sensation that every is fine.

I've modified that file (on build-improvements) to take into account
the exit status of latex and the makefiles do now take it into
account.  The consequences is that it exposes few cases where the
typesetting process is not OK.  The above mentioned file is one of
them.  In particular is contains in various places characters '$', '#'
un-escaped, enclosed in [[ ]].  It also contains things like

   [[./lib/htrefs]]\\
   [[./lib/htsearch]]\\
   [[./lib/hthits]]

which confuses latex in many places.  etc.

My question was whether anybody actually tried to typeset that file
successfully.