RE: [Axiom-developer] SVN on sourceforge

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] SVN on sourceforge
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:40:45 -0400

Tim,

On Tuesday, September 12, 2006 11:36 AM you wrote:

> i set out to fix the silver version.
> so far i tried 8 checkouts without success
> and now i'm up to 20 updates, slowly grabbing pieces.
> SVN on sourceforge seems broken somehow.

It is possible that you are using a proxy that does not
understand the full WebDAV protocol as suggested in this email:
http://lists.ofbiz.org/pipermail/dev/2004-August/006333.html

------

We are behind a squid 2.3 http proxy which doesn't know about
WebDAV protocoll. It uses special requests which are been blocked
by squid. Solution1:
like you noted using https (squid simply forwards the ssl packets)

Solution 2:
extend the squid.conf file to support the webdav requests:
# add WebDAV methods
extension_methods SEARCH PROPFIND PROPPATCH MKCOL MOVE BMOVE DELETE
BDELETE REPORT

--------

It used to be the case that most proxies ignored encrypted packets
such as generated by https, but that may no longer be the case.

I think it would be worth checking if you are using a proxy
(sometimes this is hard to tell because the proxy can be
embedded in your corporate or ISP firewall) and if it can be
configured for the above WebDAV methods.

For me this problem is highly dependent on where I am located.
At home the problem is severe. At work the problem is intermittant.
On the axiom-developer.org server the problem does not occur at
all.