Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: several images on one page

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: several images on one page
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:38:57 -0500

root <address@hidden> writes:
> At various places in the Axiom (Jenks) book there are supposed to
> be multiple images on the page. Nothing I tried would place an
> image where I wanted it. Images "float" and tend to move to the
> previous or next page and I'm unable to stop this behavior.

In bookvol1.pamphlet, the figures all look like
 \begin{figure}[htbp]
 \end{figure}
If you start the placement specifier with an exclamation point,
 \begin{figure}[!htbp]
LaTeX will try extra hard to put the float where you ask.
Or, I suppose, there's no reason why the image has to be in a float;
you could just insert it where you want.

Jay