RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom Conference Call Sept 18, 2006

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom Conference Call Sept 18, 2006
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:58:30 -0400

Alfredo,

On September 18, 2006 4:15 PM you wrote:
> Tim Daly wrote:
> > 9) Google objects to having binaries in the zips directory.
> >    It was agreed that since Google was only a method of getting
> >    around the breakage of Sourcforge SVN and that we plan to put
> >    SVN on axiom-developer therefore we should ignore Google going
> >    forward.
>
> Should the project be deleted from: http://code.google.com/p/axiom/ ?

In my opinion we should keep our options open and not delete the Google
project - at least not yet. A presence on Google is very high profile and
could have some advantages in the long run even if they are too stingey
with disk space to host our existing entire Axiom source archive.

In spite of planning the mirror the SourceForge SVN archive on
axiom-developer.org, I think maintaining a smaller archive on Google -
containing only the most experimental branch, i.e. build-improvements,
is still a good idea.

Of course this needs someone to manage it and keep it up to date
with the main build-improvements branch on SourceForge (or axiom-
developer). So we can only go with option if someone like you, Alfredo,
is willing to take on this task.