Re: Google Code repository (was: [Axiom-developer] Axiom Conference Call

From: Alfredo Portes
Subject: Re: Google Code repository (was: [Axiom-developer] Axiom Conference Call Sept 18, 2006)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:09:18 -0400

The terminology is still rather confusing, but from my point
of view the axiom.build-improvements branch is a branch of
Silver. So I guess you are asking whether you should put the
Silver *trunk* branch into the Google Code archive?

Sorry, I should be more explicit :) . Yes I meant having the Silver
trunk in the Google repository.

I would still prefer that we duplicate the most experiment branch
i.e. build-improvements, at Google. Among other things, it is
currently the branch that best meets Google's requirement that
we not attempt to re-distribute other packages as part of our
source tree. But Silver trunk still has a lot of that dead wood.

After sending the email, I realized that your suggestion for build-improvements
was a better option, and also a smaller one :). I was about to test
something to keep both repositories in sync, but I got a quota error
again. Apparently Google did not increase the size to 200 MB.

Regards,

Alfredo