Google Code repository (was: [Axiom-developer] Axiom Conference Call Sep

From: Page, Bill
Subject: Google Code repository (was: [Axiom-developer] Axiom Conference Call Sept 18, 2006)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:58:42 -0400

On Tuesday, September 19, 2006 1:18 PM Alfredo Portes wrote:

> For what I have read, build-improvements will be gone after
> Gaby's work is completed and added to Silver -> Gold.

It wont be gone, it will be merged back into Silver Trunk and
someday merged into Gold (if/when Tim Daly is convinced that this
is the right way to build Axiom).

> Should I put Silver on the repository?

The terminology is still rather confusing, but from my point
of view the axiom.build-improvements branch is a branch of
Silver. So I guess you are asking whether you should put the
Silver *trunk* branch into the Google Code archive?

I would still prefer that we duplicate the most experiment branch
i.e. build-improvements, at Google. Among other things, it is
currently the branch that best meets Google's requirement that
we not attempt to re-distribute other packages as part of our
source tree. But Silver trunk still has a lot of that dead wood.