Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: gcl-2.6.8pre on MAC OSX 10.2

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: gcl-2.6.8pre on MAC OSX 10.2
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 20:15:39 +0100 (CET)

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:
>
> | Not yet.  In a message that I sent few minutes ago I proposed to
> | rename 'poly.ht' to 'polys.ht' and 'poly.pht' to 'polys.pht'.
>
> Please go ahead and commit to build-improvements.  Add an explanation
> (in the pamphlets) about the renaming.

Commited.  But after extra checking I see more problem.  Namely
in 'src/hyper/bitmaps' we have the following pairs:

xi.bitmap Xi.bitmap
upsilon.bitmap Upsilon.bitmap
theta.bitmap Theta.bitmap
sigma.bitmap Sigma.bitmap
psi.bitmap Psi.bitmap
pi.bitmap Pi.bitmap
phi.bitmap Phi.bitmap
omega.bitmap Omega.bitmap
lambda.bitmap Lambda.bitmap
gamma.bitmap Gamma.bitmap
delta.bitmap Delta.bitmap

aTx=b.bitmap ATX=B.bitmap

The first group consists of images of greek letters, version with
lowercase name is lowercase letter, while uppercase letter has
the first letter of filename in upper case.

Also in 'src/doc/ps' we have 'SEGBIND.ps' and 'segbind.ps'.  'segbind.ps'
is a screen dump of a graphic window containig a parabola.  I can not
really see 'SEGBIND.ps' because it triggers Postscript stack error
in ghostscript (like many other files in 'src/doc/ps' :(.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden