Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: root chunks

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: root chunks
Date: 22 Jun 2007 13:28:58 -0400

Hi Cliff,

C Y <address@hidden> writes:
> Well, this being Lisp, I could just program in more power, set working
> defaults, and let the user deside.  Default Lisp and boot files to one
> behavior, spad to whatever the algebra needs, and have some variables
> to switch behavior around if anyone needs it :-).

This is basicly the approach I would take.  The system should have a
surface simplicity for the user which needs no more,  but facilities
available for the developer who needs fine grained control.
Apologies that this comment does not help much in achieving that
goal.  However, I do have plans to look at your work in detail once a
few moer items get taken care of.

BTW, have you tried ASDF with GCL lately?  I have a slightly hacked
version which basicly works with 2.6.8pre in ANSI mode.  In the sort
term I hope to be switching my work to be based on 2.7.0 cvs, and I
expect ASDF to be a fair bit more comfortable there.  The notion of
integrating cl-web with asdf is fantastic.

Thanks,
Steve