biborb-general

Re: [Biborb-general] trouble shooting questions

From: Feiyi Wang
Subject: Re: [Biborb-general] trouble shooting questions
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:22:05 -0500

Excellent, both problems have been solved.  Many thanks

For the second problem, XSLT not enabled, it turns out I have to install sablot, rebuild from source rpm since the distribution I am using (Fedora) do not have this built-in. So I am now able to insert entry.

Two extra questions pop out now:

Three menu items: export to HTML, export to bibtex, and update from bibtex don't have any output (take you to a blank page), no error output either.

I was assuming "update from bibtex" is like some sort of *import* funtion, where I can upload my previous bibtex file, but it shows nothing

I did notice there is a .bib file generated in directory bibs/ (not html output anywhere), but I was expecting you will be prompted to save a exported bibtex file, am I understanding this correct?

Feiyi

Guillaume Gardey wrote:

Hi,

Concerning the first bug, I just fixed it and updated both CVS and biborb-1.2pre.tar.gz. The creation of bibliographies should be ok now (I hope so ... :) ) wihtout the warnings. Do not forget to set the "bibs" directory writable by your web server (www, www-data, apache ...).

Concerning the second one, it seems that xslt modules are not activated in your php configuration. To activate it, you should ensures that the line "extension=xslt.so" (*nix) or "extension=php_xslt.dll" (windows) is present in your php.ini file without the semicolon at the beginning. Depending on the system you use, you may need to install xslt modules if not provided with php. I can provide you more details on that point if you use *nix (especially debian) or MacOsX. I fear I can not help for windows system (if anyone as experiences in installing and running biborb on windows I will be happy)

Thanks a lot for reporting these bugs.

Guillaume Gardey