biborb-general

Re: [Biborb-general] Tarball now available at savannah

From: Adrian P. Ireland
Subject: Re: [Biborb-general] Tarball now available at savannah
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 21:46:54 +0000

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 11:50:10AM -0500, Feiyi Wang wrote:
> The current release is quite close to what I'd like, a few minor things:
>
> - before comitting to delete an bib entry, there should be an chance for
> confirmation
Just for one bib entry?

Do you really want this?
Delete this please.
Are you sure?
Are you really really sure?
Are you absolutely really really sure?
Well no, actually you cant do that.

Maybe no deletions unless you are logged in?

> - import bibtex function doesn't always work: especially when original
> bibs have definitions such as @String at the beginning. BibOrb report
> that it can import  so much number of record, but it can't actually
> display any entries, I think Biborb got confused by them.
I did not get any problems with a few of my bibs.

Only strings I use are in an external file for the journal titles.
I use \bibliography{abbrev,abib} to include these.
Then I dont have to worry about changing it in more than one place if I
make an error, or I need to name it a different way.

If possible just ignore the string values in the bib and leave them
without {} in the .bib file ??? Then keep the useful strings in another
file not under biborb.

> - The new icon set is cool, but the id and other text portion are not
> ideal (not really a issue though). Maybe not in this release, but it
> would be nice to have a style switch function to another user-defined
> style.css, with options to refine fonts and icons.
Dont waste time desiging icons, use some that are free. The gtk+ stock
icons are nice, can they be used?

I would suggest that you leave in a title="Rhubarb" so that when the
mouse hovers over the icon, a pop up box gives more info eg
 Edit this entry
 View bibtex
 Go to external link
 Look at pdf file

> Thanks

It is looking alot more stable and usable now, well done. I am going to
try and make it crash :-)))

> Feiyi

Adrian