bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] os x build failure

From: Nate
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] os x build failure
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 14:42:54 -0800 (PST)

>Don't forget that Bino with Equalizer support can only be built in 32-bits
>mode,
>
>because it uses the deprecated Carbon API, which isn't available in 64-bits
>mode. That means you'll also have to build all support libraries either in
>32-bits or in universal (32-64) mode.
>
>Personally, I would switch to Linux to use Bino with Equalizer.
>
>Another solution, to build it in 64-bits mode, would be to build it using X11,
>with an X11-based Equalizer and qt4-x11 from macports.

From my CMake config output. Looks like I might need NVidia CUDA SDK, GLEW_MX,
OpenSceneGraph 2.9.8+
I'd need to upgrade OS from 10.6.5 to 10.6.7 for the CUDA SDK.
Are any of these necessary?

Seems to build Equalizer fine but my bino compile is still failing with
Equalizer.
-Nate

zDevTOv12:Equalizer-1.0.1 runway$ make
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot - yes
-- Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag
-- Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag - yes
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Checking whether CXX compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether CXX compiler has -isysroot - yes
-- Checking whether CXX compiler supports OSX deployment target flag
-- Checking whether CXX compiler supports OSX deployment target flag - yes
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Found Subversion: /usr/bin/svn (found version "1.6.5")
-- No revision version support, subversion error: svn:
'/projects/KI/Equalizer-1.0.1' is not a working copy

-- Boost version: 1.47.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
--   system
--   regex
--   date_time
-- Try OpenMP C flag = [-fopenmp]
-- Performing Test OpenMP_FLAG_DETECTED
-- Performing Test OpenMP_FLAG_DETECTED - Success
-- Try OpenMP CXX flag = [-fopenmp]
-- Performing Test OpenMP_FLAG_DETECTED
-- Performing Test OpenMP_FLAG_DETECTED - Success
-- Found OpenMP: -fopenmp
--   Disable OpenMP due to bug in gcc 42
-- Found OpenGL: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in
/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.dylib;/usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.dylib
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in
/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.dylib;/usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.dylib - found
-- Looking for gethostbyname
-- Looking for gethostbyname - found
-- Looking for connect
-- Looking for connect - found
-- Looking for remove
-- Looking for remove - found
-- Looking for shmat
-- Looking for shmat - found
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE - found
-- Found X11: /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.dylib
CUDA_TOOLKIT_ROOT_DIR not found or specified
-- Could NOT find CUDA (missing:  CUDA_TOOLKIT_ROOT_DIR CUDA_NVCC_EXECUTABLE
CUDA_INCLUDE_DIRS CUDA_CUDART_LIBRARY)
-- Found GLEW: /opt/local/lib/libGLEW.dylib
--   This library does not support GLEW_MX.
--   Extracting GLEW to /projects/KI/Equalizer-1.0.1/release/glew-1.5.8
--   Extracting VMML to /projects/KI/Equalizer-1.0.1/release/include/vmmlib
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_PTHREAD_H
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_PTHREAD_H - found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
-- Found Threads: TRUE
-- Skipping 'eqNBody' example (CUDA not found or enabled)
-- Could NOT find osgDB (missing:  OSGDB_LIBRARY OSGDB_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find osgUtil (missing:  OSGUTIL_LIBRARY OSGUTIL_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find osg (missing:  OSG_LIBRARY OSG_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find OpenThreads (missing:  OPENTHREADS_LIBRARY
OPENTHREADS_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find OpenSceneGraph (missing:  OPENSCENEGRAPH_LIBRARIES
OPENSCENEGRAPH_INCLUDE_DIR) (Required is at least version "2.9.8")
-- Skipping 'osgScaleViewer' example (OSG not found)
-- Check if the system is big endian
-- Searching 16 bit integer
-- Looking for sys/types.h
-- Looking for sys/types.h - found
-- Looking for stdint.h
-- Looking for stdint.h - found
-- Looking for stddef.h
-- Looking for stddef.h - found
-- Check size of unsigned short
-- Check size of unsigned short - done
-- Using unsigned short
-- Check if the system is big endian - little endian
-- Found BISON: /opt/local/bin/bison (found version "2.5")
-- Found FLEX: /opt/local/bin/flex (found version "2.5.35")
-- Supported Features: RSP AGL [i386]
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /projects/KI/Equalizer-1.0.1/release