bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Bach: brand new GStreamer-based backend player

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Bach: brand new GStreamer-based backend player
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 22:07:44 +0100

address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:

> Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> My thought here is that Bach could develop into a dedicated
>> backend media player for Bongo.  Since we have full control
>> over the source code, of course, we can make it do whatever
>> we want it to!
>
> Hey, this is pretty cool.

It is, isn't it? :-)

> Is it a lot of work, adding the stuff?

I think I'll refrain from answering this question until
after I've actually tried to do some of it.

How about this for an answer:  Much of it should be easy,
but some of it is likely to involve a fair amout of work.

(Basically, I have no idea.)

> I couldn't get bach to display videos.  Is something missing?

Maybe the necessary GStreamer plugin?

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>