bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Re: Marks

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: [bongo-devel] Re: Marks
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 23:21:43 +0100

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> It would be nice to have some way of getting back the recent
> set of marks.  If we had that, I think we could make it the
> default behavior to unmark automatically.
>
> Are you familiar with any other marking facilities?  How do
> they deal with this?  We should probably do what they do.

I think this is something worth having. A simple method is something
like `C-u U', restore the markers that `U' stashed away earlier. Or we
could do it the Gnus way with a stack for saving sets of marks.

Dired does not remove the marks, I think. Gnus does, but as mentioned
it can save marks.

Looking at Gnus, I see another marking command I'd like for Bongo to
have: invert marks.

>> It's starting to annoy me that hidden tracks are ignored. Do you think
>> you can install the fix I had in my prototype, at least for a
>> temporary solution? It was in two parts; the redisplay hack, and
>> letting mark iterators step through invisible text. Maybe even try the
>> redisplay hack directly in `bongo-redisplay-line', it might fix other
>> problems for us.
>
> I installed a bunch of marking-related invisibility bug fixes.

Thanks, this fixes a few things.

It still needs the redisplay hack I talked about, or something else
that fixes this bug. Try unmarking hidden tracks and you'll see
strange things happen! This would happen when marking as well, if
marking hidden tracks were possible.