bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Marks

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Marks
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 21:59:33 +0100

address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:

> So, I did a little more testing.
>
> I like that `m' on a header marks all tracks in that section.
> That's a handy little feature.

Cool.

> I was wondering what you think of having an automatic
> `bongo-unmark-all' after a command (e.g., `e').
> This could be a customizable feature.

I've thought about this too.  It would be easy to add an
option to turn it on or off, and maybe it should be on by
default, since it parallels how Transient Mark mode works.

It would be nice to have some way of getting back the recent
set of marks.  If we had that, I think we could make it the
default behavior to unmark automatically.

Are you familiar with any other marking facilities?  How do
they deal with this?  We should probably do what they do.

> It's starting to annoy me that hidden tracks are ignored. Do you think
> you can install the fix I had in my prototype, at least for a
> temporary solution? It was in two parts; the redisplay hack, and
> letting mark iterators step through invisible text. Maybe even try the
> redisplay hack directly in `bongo-redisplay-line', it might fix other
> problems for us.

I installed a bunch of marking-related invisibility bug fixes.

> Yanking killed tracks is still broken. In fact, I think it
> even yanks the wrong tracks.

Hmm, yes, you're right.  I haven't done anything about this,
and I can't really say I have any idea as to what's wrong.

I'll have to investigate further.

> There is no `bongo-copy' (bound to `c').

Fixed, thanks.

> That's it for now, I'll report more stuff when I find it.

Thanks, I really appreciate your effort.

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>