bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Re: I want to make `f' and `b' move point

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Re: I want to make `f' and `b' move point
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 11:59:18 +0100

Romain Francoise <address@hidden> writes:

> Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Let's see... what else could we use `l' for?
>> Maybe something that one could think of as `last'.
>
>> We could bind it to a command that moved point to the
>> previously played track.  I suppose that could be useful ---
>> a sort of history ---, especially during random playback.
>
> Or a command that rotates back through the flushed playlists
> ring -- of course, we would have to add that first.

Hmm, yes, that could be useful.  But binding it to `l' might
be a little dangerous.  What if you hit it by accident?

How do you use the flush command, by the way?  The primary
use case I had in mind when I added it was for cleaning out
old tracks from playlist buffers in Sprinkle mode, and from
playlist buffers populated manually in a similar pattern
(i.e., most tracks are played just once, and new tracks are
regularly added to the playlist).

>> One simple use case would be to undo an `e' command
>> without having to switch to the playlist buffer.
>
> Hmm.

We talked about extending the queue commands before this
mailing list was created.  Do you remember?

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>