bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Re: YouTube videos

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: [bongo-devel] Re: YouTube videos
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 10:58:18 +0100

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> I didn't know Google Video offered AVI downloads, and I
> thought Google Video served all the YouTube content too?
>
> I'm going to see if I can download YouTube stuff in AVI
> format from Google Video.

Did you find anything? The Wikipedia article on Google Video says that
"YouTube will remain a separate service under its own identity for the
near future", so I doubt that it would be possible as of now.

Anyway, I adapted (stole) some of the code from mm-url.el and put it
together with the other download functions. I guess it works, but I
don't know if this is what you were after. There's no progress meter
or anything, only the message when the file is complete. I'm not sure
that I like it.

Note: I couldn't figure out how to use w3m and lynx to save files
(other than using a shell) so I removed them from the original code.