bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] YouTube videos

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: [bongo-devel] YouTube videos
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:37:20 +0100

Building on the insert-and-download code I posted earlier, here is a
command for downloading YouTube videos. (And a fix in the old code.)

Given a YouTube URL [1], the `bongo-insert-and-download-youtube-video'
command will extract the Flash video (FLV) file URL from that web page
and then save it with `bongo-insert-and-download'. It will also set
the title for the inserted track from the HTML title. Now you can play
it with VLC. (You may need to customize a back-end matcher.)

I got the idea and a few regexps from the youtube-dl [2] program.
Check it out, it has more features.

Not tested with Emacs 21. Actually, not tested much at all.

Footnotes:

[1] e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zropjwVQlWQ
[2] http://www.arrakis.es/~rggi3/youtube-dl/