cameleon-dev

[cameleon-dev] Findlib and beyond...

From: Sylvain LE GALL
Subject: [cameleon-dev] Findlib and beyond...
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 23:50:20 +0200

Hello,

Since 4 days, i am working on a new master.Makefile.in and the
adaptation of cameleon to findlib...

It is not very problematic. But after having converted half of the app (
options, okey, configwin, gpattern, ioxml, ocamlcvs, zoggy2 ) i have
problem with compiling zoggy2. If prevents me to continue the migration
because the last part which need to be converted requires zoggy2.

I choose to pass completely the master.Makefile.in to findlib, because
doing otherwise will be a great load of work ( ie you need to keep
synchronized between findlib and not findlib makefile ). In fact, doing
it without findlib is reinventing findlib with Makefile... Findlib is
stable, more and more common... I think we could bet it will be a
standard in some years... I think we should make only a findlib
makefile.

When i will finish you will see the great compacation of different
makefile ( when i say great, i mean great.... the biggest part of the
makefile is the LICENCE ).

Others news : libgettext-ocaml is ready... My next task will be to
gettextify cameleon. It made cameleon depends on libgettext-ocaml, but
there is gettext on win, unix and mac os ( i believe )... Anyway, this
target will be choosable ( you can disable it ).

For now, i need a compilable zoggy2...

Maxence : do you have an idea when zoggy2 will compile ? If you think it
is not for now, i will continue the migration to findlib, without
testing, but it is more dangerous...
Just give me an hint for this item and i will continue or not.

Another question is : Can i commit changes to master.Makefile.in and
other Makefile.

It will breaks compile till i finish the migration, but you can see the
new method...

I wait for your answer...

Kind regard
Sylvain LE GALL

ps : i am sorry not to have participate more before but it was the end
of my curse, and i have many projects to finish and a lot of others
excuses ( sorry ;-> ). I will work harder from now.