cameleon-dev

Re: [cameleon-dev] Findlib and beyond...

From: Debian User
Subject: Re: [cameleon-dev] Findlib and beyond...
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 07:17:49 +0200

Hello,

On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 10:57:42PM +0200, Maxence Guesdon wrote:
> Hi Sylvain,
>
> > Since 4 days, i am working on a new master.Makefile.in and the
> > adaptation of cameleon to findlib...
>
> Great :-)
>
> > It is not very problematic. But after having converted half of the app (
> > options, okey, configwin, gpattern, ioxml, ocamlcvs, zoggy2 ) i have
> > problem with compiling zoggy2. If prevents me to continue the migration
> > because the last part which need to be converted requires zoggy2.
>
> I think the best way is to create a findlib branch from the
> main trunk to switch to findlib, since the port to lablgtk2 is far from
> complete. This way, when the findlib port is ok, you can put it back
> to the main trunk. And when the lablgtk2 port is ok, i will put it back
> to the main trunk (there are only minor changes to makefiles for
> lablgtk2).

I understand your point... I will check out the main branch and fork a
new findlib branch... It won't take a lot of time to do the migration...

> > I choose to pass completely the master.Makefile.in to findlib, because
> > doing otherwise will be a great load of work ( ie you need to keep
> > synchronized between findlib and not findlib makefile ). In fact, doing
> > it without findlib is reinventing findlib with Makefile... Findlib is
> > stable, more and more common... I think we could bet it will be a
> > standard in some years... I think we should make only a findlib
> > makefile.
>
> Ok with that.
>
> > Others news : libgettext-ocaml is ready... My next task will be to
> > gettextify cameleon. It made cameleon depends on libgettext-ocaml, but
> > there is gettext on win, unix and mac os ( i believe )... Anyway, this
> > target will be choosable ( you can disable it ).
>
> Great. Where can I download libgettext-ocaml to have a look ?

Well... http://perso.enst.fr/~legall/
But i do not write yet any doc for it ( expect that there is ocamldoc...
). You can take a look to the test, which permit to see how it is
working. I need to make something more clean. I will complete it as i
try to adapt it to cameleon ( maybe i will begin to try it with some of
my own software before... ).

Please don't give this location to anyone. I am waiting to build an
official site for it.

> > For now, i need a compilable zoggy2...
> >
> > Maxence : do you have an idea when zoggy2 will compile ? If you think it
> > is not for now, i will continue the migration to findlib, without
> > testing, but it is more dangerous...
> > Just give me an hint for this item and i will continue or not.
>
> For the findlib migration, see above (make a branch).
> About zoggy2, well it's almost done. The notebook widget is missing,
> and some properties/events are still missing too (yes, zoggy2 allows
> bindings events to virtual methods). I'm currently trying to use zoggy2
> on the tools depending on it to test it.
> I added a zoggy-to-zoggy2 translator, which is by now a script full
> of sed commands but it seems to do quite the job (yet, some properties can
> be lost...).

Yep, it is this translate file... I see your code. But there is no
problem, i will work on version 1.2. I hope that when i will be
finished, you will convert lablgtk2 branch to findlib also ;->.

> > Another question is : Can i commit changes to master.Makefile.in and
> > other Makefile.
>
> I prefer you do that in a separate branch.
>
> > It will breaks compile till i finish the migration, but you can see the
> > new method...
> >
> > I wait for your answer...
>
> You got it ;-)
>
> > ps : i am sorry not to have participate more before but it was the end
> > of my curse, and i have many projects to finish and a lot of others
> > excuses ( sorry ;-> ). I will work harder from now.
>
> I understand; I have also a lot of things to do these days, and not
>  enough time :-( Hopefully, August is coming, which is known to be
> a month where I'm not disturbed too much, since everybody is on the beach!

Yep... always the same problem... Talking about cameleon, what is sqml ?

Thanks for your response. Wait to see a findlib branch in the next few
day.

Regard
Sylvain LE GALL