certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] CERTI deadlock

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI deadlock
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 09:36:16 +0200

2012/6/15 Michael Raab <address@hidden>:
> Yes and No,
>
> for all our "active" federates, lookahead is 60 for the complete simulation.
>
> For our "oberserver" federate the initialization/runtime looks like this:
>
> - joinFederation
> - enableTimeRegulation( 0.0, 0.0 )
>
> // start all active federates...
>
> disableTimeRegulation()
>
> enableAsynchronousDelivery()
>
> while(true)
> {
>         tick(0.1, 0.5)
>
>         queryLTBS();
>
>         // display current simulation time based on LTBS
> }
>
> So for the startup phase lookahead of the observer is 0, but after calling
> disableTimeRegulation() this shouldn't matter. Or am I wrong?

Should work, even if its strange to start with LK=0.
Note that you cannot expect your lookahead and/or time regulation to be changed
until you (the federate) received the TimeRegulationEnabled.
The same is true for "enableAsynchronousDelivery".

so you should be ticking in order to get appropriate callback before entering
the endless loop.

That said, you said that the federation is blocked "at some point" and not upon
startup so I can't imagine why a possibly faulty init could break
somewhere in the future....

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org