Re: [Chicken-users] an ode to Spiffy

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] an ode to Spiffy
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 12:24:27 -0400

On 5/25/05, Michele Simionato <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think to get a remote REPL is not difficult, but I have serious doubts
> about getting better tracebacks, since I have never seen a Scheme
> implementation with good error reporting :-(
>
> Guido van Rossum says that he will never make Python tail recursive
> since it does not want to lose nice tracebacks. I don't know if it is
> technically
> possible to get both tail recursion and nice tracebacks, and how difficult
> it is.

I feared that might be the case. Still, any tool that could instrument
my code to provide some kind of "this source-snippet is probably the
problem" report would be beneficial. Maybe I need to do some reading
on Scheme debuggers...

> > Heck -- if we can throw in a consistent DB API, a MySQL egg, a few
> > handy webapp framework components, and a good tutorial, then you've
> > got a serious contender in the silent masses' quest for the ideal LAMP
> > (LAMS?) framework. (Well, maybe, if the silent masses can learn to
> > digest parentheses.)
> >

> Well, this is called being optimistic! ;-)

I know, but Fortune favours the bold! I never saw Ruby on Rails
coming, why not Chicken on Road? (Except that it would be impossible
to google.  :-)

-- Graham