Re: [Chicken-users] cross-platform gui toolkit

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] cross-platform gui toolkit
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 10:24:10 -0800

On Feb 5, 2007, at 11:04 PM, felix winkelmann wrote:

On 2/6/07, Kon Lovett <address@hidden> wrote:

I do like Cells, but I am unsure if Tilton is still working on Cello.
It seems dormant. A TinyCLOS Cells extension would be nice (so would
ContextL but Cells might be more generally useful).

I've never grokked cells. It's hard to figure out the facts from Tilton's
lingo... Is there some documentation available?

Yeah, it is unnecessarily obscure. However, the declarative style with constraint satisfaction is the start of a good abstraction for UI programming.

http://common-lisp.net/project/cells/

http://www.tilton-technology.com/cells_top.html

Any use in following PLT's MrEd, MrLib & Framework for Scheme GUI
bindings?

It uses an old hacked version of wxWidgets. I'd prefer to stay away from
that.

I meant the Scheme layer, not the impl. But I haven't done any analysis of it (except that I do not like the '%' hanging around in the symbols.)