Re: [Chicken-users] preferred gui library

From: Martin DeMello
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] preferred gui library
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 17:00:38 +0530

On 7/4/07, Alex Queiroz <address@hidden> wrote:
     I was looking for something:

+ With native controls;
+ MIT or BSD-licensed;
+ Lightweight and *just* a GUI;
+ C, not C++;
+ Works in Linux & Windows, at least.

     I couldn't find anything that covered all of this, so started an
IUP[1] binding. Unfortunately, under X11, it uses OpenMotif as a
backend, but the upcoming 3.0 version will have GTK+ as well. So far,
OpenMotif works for me.

The Motif bit is offputting, but this looks like a very interesting
library - as you said, it's increasingly hard to find something that
is just a GUI. How did you discover it? I've never come across it
before.

I've decided to go with Qt4 for the time being (sweeping under the rug
the pending issue of getting it working on windows :)) but I'll be
watching your IUP binding with interest (sadly I'm just getting
started with scheme so I don't know enough to help out).

martin