cross-compilation, part II - Re: [Chicken-users] cross compilation with

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: cross-compilation, part II - Re: [Chicken-users] cross compilation with 2.7
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 09:41:21 +0100

On 11/4/07, john <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi, I wanted to update my cross compiled Chicken from 2.6 to 2.7 but ran
> into problems. I attempted a build with PLATFORM=linux but it borks at:
>
> gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -DHAVE_CHICKEN_CONFIG_H -c apply-hack.x86.s -o
> apply-hack.x86.o
>
> I am not sure what apply-hack does or what is needed for an ARM hack?

apply-hack is a piece of assembly to circumvent the 128-argument problem.
It is entirely optional, and a small script is used to find out the architecture
for the build system. In a cross-compilation setting this doesn't make much
sense, of course. Here you have to give the target arch manually.

I have updated

http://chicken.wiki.br/cross-compilation

for the new build system. You will need a tarball (make dist) from the
chicken repository trunk.