Re: [Chicken-users] Installing Octave Egg

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Installing Octave Egg
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 11:37:56 +0100

On Dec 19, 2007 11:34 AM, Siegfried Gonzi <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Felix:
>
> I mean if I do not import anything (I guess the compiler knows that) why is
> that hard to spot lets say (vecctorrss-ref ...) that is nowhere defined?
>
> I have really no clue about compiler internals but when giving the compiler
> option 'check for imports' it should at least be possible that the compiler
> gives me a line number or the function where the problem occurs.

A line number would be best, but currently that is not implemented.
Line number tracking in s-expr based languages with macros *is* hard.

> But (I will study Will F. his reply though): Can I use Chicken in interpreted
> mode (as I would do it under Bigloo) because this one should give me the line
> number of the problem. Something like this:
>
> ==
> ;; script.scm
> (system 'csc foo.scm')
> (system './foo')
> ==
>
> csc -i script.scm

I don't know exactly what you want to achieve here, but the
the proper invocation woud be

csi -s script.scm

Note that this doesn't make any difference with regard to line numbers.