Re: [Chicken-users] Overview page for Chicken's support of standards

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Overview page for Chicken's support of standards
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 00:22:20 +0200

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 06:04:46PM -0400, John Cowan wrote:
> Peter Bex scripsit:
>
> > About the srfi-72; it's not part of Chicken 4, but if I understand you
> > correctly, Chicken 3 supports it. Is it correct to remove it from the
> > page altogether, then?
>
> If you look at the egg page, it says that the implementation is not
> supported.

Where does it say that?  It doesn't refer to srfi-72 anywhere, or is
that exactly what you mean?

> Apparently the upstream maintainer has issued a new version
> which was never ported.

Where did you find this info?  I found the webspace for psyntax but
I didn't find any easily identifiable references to versions.

> I think it's bogus to claim we support a SRFI
> when we don't support the only available implementation of that SRFI.

I agree, that would just be misleading.  It's good to have a list that's
complete and correct.

> The exact same thing is true of SRFI-57, and I've removed that from the
> list too.

Good call, I hadn't noticed that yet.

Cheers,
Peter