Re: [Chicken-users] Overview page for Chicken's support of standards

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Overview page for Chicken's support of standards
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:41:54 -0400

Peter Bex scripsit:

> > > About the srfi-72; it's not part of Chicken 4, but if I understand you
> > > correctly, Chicken 3 supports it. Is it correct to remove it from the
> > > page altogether, then?
> >
> > If you look at the egg page, it says that the implementation is not
> > supported.
>
> Where does it say that?  It doesn't refer to srfi-72 anywhere, or is
> that exactly what you mean?

On the page http://chicken.wiki.br/eggref/3/simple-macros , it says:
"Note: This extension is currently unsupported. A new version
has been released and the maintenance status is unclear."  It is
also listed in the "Unsupported or redundant" section of the page
http://chicken.wiki.br/eggref/3/index .

> > Apparently the upstream maintainer has issued a new version
> > which was never ported.
>
> Where did you find this info?  I found the webspace for psyntax but
> I didn't find any easily identifiable references to versions.

Maybe it's the port rather than the upstream which had a new version.

--
John Cowan    address@hidden    http://ccil.org/~cowan
This great college [Trinity], of this ancient university [Cambridge],