Re: [Chicken-users] Problems with csc 4.7.0 on x86_64

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Problems with csc 4.7.0 on x86_64
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 22:31:04 +0200

2011/6/12 Jim Pryor <address@hidden>:
> [...]
> This is the build/packaging script that has worked for me with previous
> builds:
> [...]
>  # should be a symbolic link not a copy otherwise ldconfig will cry
>  rm -f ${pkgdir}/usr/lib/libchicken.so
>  ln -s /usr/lib/libchicken.so.5 ${pkgdir}/usr/lib/libchicken.so
> [...]

Hello Jim,

this looks like a very bad idea: The CHICKEN install target gets the
symbolic link right by itself plus the .5 is the wrong library version
number for that CHICKEN release.

My own Arch Linux package build script for CHICKEN 4.7.0 which works
just fine on my x86_64 machine is attached to this message — maybe it
helps.

Ciao,
Thomas