Re: [Chicken-users] Need to do an install, any changes in the pipe line

From: Matt Welland
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Need to do an install, any changes in the pipe line I should wait for?
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 10:45:05 -0700

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 8:53 AM, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 08, 2013 at 08:48:38AM -0700, Matt Welland wrote:
> I'm going to try getting Chicken 4.8.0.? installed in a corporate
> environment. This is not a nimble situation and if successful in getting
> the install approved I'll likely be stuck with that version for a long
> time. I've seen some messages on the chicken lists that look like some good
> progress on some important bugs. Should I wait a while before starting this
> process or is 4.8.0.5 a good target for the long term?

What sort of thing will this CHICKEN installation be used for?

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://www.more-magic.net

The primary purpose is to enable an installation of Megatest. With a little luck I hope to get Megatest, logpro and associated utilities complete and stable so I can install them centrally before the end of the year.

BTW, the operative word is "try" :)

A little grepping gives me the list of eggs below. I'll be doing some testing of 4.8.05 over the next week and wanted to hear from the dev's if there were patches in the queue I should wait for.

apropos
base64
canvas-draw
csv-xml